Friday, November 9, 2012

Where is baby???!!!

So the much anticipated making it to 37 weeks (full-term) has come and gone.......the due date that I had on Addison's watch has come and gone......and 38 weeks is approaching (tomorrow)......still no sign of baby #2!!!  Where is she???
I left the much awaited OB appointment this morning nothing but disappointed!!!  After feeling cramps and contractions off and on for ~1 week and exercising as much as I can tolerate to help speed things along.....the progress remains unchanged!  I am currently just 1 cm dilated...ugh!!!  I had a major mommy meltdown on the way home from the OB and for a little while after.....and now a couple hours later, I finally have it all in perspective.....this little one has a mind of her own and will arrive when she is good and ready.....regardless, she will be here soon.....so I need to relax and enjoy these last few days as the mother of one! My hormones are definitely out of whack and causing me to be much more emotional than normal! 
My induction date has been moved back to November 19 (Monday) from Saturday, due to my doctor's schedule and the hospital disliking inductions on the weekend (although that seems odd considering I was told this wasn't an issue earlier).  Oh well.....at that point, what is two more days?!
The good news of all of this is that baby girl is healthy, and she will be stronger and more ready for life outside the womb when she finally decides to arrive!  Maybe she'll even sleep well??!! (I won't get so optimistic!)
I have a four day stretch of work starting tomorrow....then I will be officially off for maternity leave....wish me luck! 
 Addie on the slide at Levi's birthday party!
 Ali and Levi, Mommy and Addie.....Ali and I are due 4 days apart!
 Pretty headband girl......too bad she spit up her milk so that her shirt is wet! :-(
 The fam.....fun at Williston Park celebrating Levi!
 Levi and Addie climbing!
Daddy did some climbing with Addie!

So.....what else have we been up to besides waiting on baby???  Well, Addison has been busy with wrapping up her last few weeks of school, attending her McPhail music class on Thursdays (which she loves...and talks about all week), playing outside on any possible warm day that we get, attending to her baby dolls constantly and fulfilling all of their needs, playing with neighborhood friends at playgroup and playdates, and running around the house getting in to all of "baby sister's" beds, clothes and supplies that are awaiting her arrival.  She is quite the character! :-)  
We celebrated mommy, daddy and her friend Levi's birthdays last weekend.....Addison learned how to say happy birthday and even sing part of the song.....she loves to talk about birthdays now....and even made a birthday cake with candles (sticks) out of sand at the park yesterday!  She loves to open presents, and help others too!! :-)  For Levi's party, we went to dinner at Snuffy's (a little diner in Minnetonka) and then to Williston Park for the party...Addie had a blast!  Mommy and daddy got to share a dinner out at Haute Dish for our birthdays on the 2nd (we keep thinking it could be our last date night for a while...we'll see ).
More updates to come soon...................


No comments:

Post a Comment