Thursday, March 18, 2010

The beautiful heartbeat!!!

Ugh......what a day.....stayed home from work sicker than sick with a sore throat, tons of congestion and general fatigue! I finally made it out of bed to get a half hour of fresh air with Wally and then head to my 13 week OB appointment this afternoon. Lucky for me...I found out that I can take sudafed to help clear my sinuses!!! I have gained one pound so far this pregnancy....couldn't believe that this was it, considering all that I've been eating! My doctor assured me that the weight will be starting to gain in the few weeks ahead. That's ok....I'm actually looking forward to a little belly.
Today I got to hear the heartbeat of our baby.....wow was this special!!! We had seen the heart flickering on our first ultrasound, but this was the first time that I heard it on the doppler machine! Hearing the Doctor say it was "perfect" was such a wonderful feeling!! I also found out that we'll be able to find out the sex around week 18....!! Only five weeks from now.
Well, back to the couch for some more rest and water......really need to get over this illness in time for our trek to Colorado this weekend! Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment