Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Almost 29 weeks down!

Today I had another OB check-up appointment........everything is progressing perfect! I mentioned to the doctor that I had noticed more pressure in the lower belly and I feel that the baby is resting very low.....she felt around and informed me that baby girl is in the head down position. I couldn't believe it as this seems so early...however, she informed me that some babies settle in earlier to this position and get comfortable. Apparently there is no higher risk of premature delivery when the baby is in this position----definitely reassuring to hear!
I am measuring right at 29 weeks and have gained 20 lbs.......wow, sure seems like a lot! :-)
I had my rhogam shot today due to my blood being A-. OUCH......!!! This will protect baby in the case that she is born + and will protect further pregnancies from potential rejection if +. We don't know Noah's blood type, so this is just precaution in case he is +.
Heartbeat still sounds perfect per the MD and it is always such a relief to hear her little heart beating away! She is also moving around tons and tons!! Very active little girl!!
She is moving a ton and I'm starting to feel her kicking my ribs intermittently......that definitely feels odd! Her buttocks is right at my belly button level and can easily be felt. It seems so crazy to me that she is comfortable in that upside down position....but apparently that is how she likes it! The doctor told me she'll probably stay there until delivery!
Mom and dad are coming in town on Thursday evening for a few days! I can't wait to show them the nursery that is just about complete. We are awaiting the electrician Thursday and then the doors and molding will be put up sometime next week. We are planning to put the crib together this weekend and maybe paint the dresser for the room too. Should be a fun weekend!
My baby shower with Minnesota friends and mom is Sunday....so I'll post more pics after!

No comments:

Post a Comment