Monday, September 27, 2010

3 weeks old today!!! Where does the time go???






Today my little Addison is 3 weeks old! Everyone warned me how fast these first few years were going to be, and I'm already starting to believe it.........sad!!!
Addison is truly doing beautifully....I'm so proud of her! Noah and I are learning to understand her needs so much better, which allows for more outings, more fun and more rest.
This was a wonderful weekend! We took her out to dinner on Saturday evening and she slept the entire time....such a sweetheart, and so nice for the two of us to get out for a bit! Her Wally walks are going great and she is really enjoying being outside....hardly ever a peep out of her when we are in the fresh air! We can tell she is our child!
Sunday, I got to go for my first jog since March or April......it felt amazing!!! I'm so thrilled to be feeling so good so quick. I only ran about 1 1/2 miles and pretty slow ( 10.5 minute miles), but regardless it is progress and gave me a sense of such accomplishment. I think my plan is to alternate days of running with days of biking or elliptical in order not to push things too quickly. As much as I am eager to lose these last ten pounds, I know that it is important to take things slow. The best part of all is that my hernia is not bothering me a bit!
We took Addison to breakfast on Sunday morning and of course the minute we pulled in to the parking lot she was screaming........so a quick diaper change in the car and breastfeed in the car (my first in public!) and she was a new woman!! We also took Wally to the dog park and walked around Lake of the Isles a bit to enjoy the beautiful day.
Last night our friends Ana, Chris and their little boy Benjamin (9 months) came over for dinner....so much fun to have visitors! Can't wait until Benjamin and Addison can become good friends! Addison had her best night last night, and mommy and daddy got over 6 hours of sleep each!!! :-) Such progress!!!
I am thrilled that my work schedule is going to work out the way that I had hoped! I discussed the schedule with another girl from my office and we are going to job share! I am going to work Mondays/Tuesdays and every other weekend, and she will work the other three days a week and the other weekends! This works perfect for both of our needs and desires....and I'm so excited to have more time with my peanut!!! Now we just need to redo the budget and officially hire our nanny!
I have posted some more up to date pics....enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love reading and staying updated! We talked about you guys at dinner Sunday. Looking very forward to Addie joining the kids' table this holiday season :)

    ReplyDelete