Thursday, September 16, 2010

Addison's first 10 days! We are growing by leaps and bounds!






Wow, can't believe it is September 16 already! This is the day that I was supposed to be induced to deliver my precious baby girl.....and I've gotten to spend the last 10 days bonding with her! I feel so fortunate to have had her perfectly healthy a little early!
We have had my family in town for the last several days, and they are here through Sunday. We are having an absolute blast bonding with the little one and figuring out how to fulfill all of her little needs! :-) Always a challenge and always with a smile on my face....as I absolutely adore her (even during the wee hours of the night)! :-)
Addison is breast feeding like a champ.......we went back to the pediatrician today and she has gone from her delivery weight of 5 lbs. 9 ounces to 5 lbs. 2 ounces at discharge to 5 lbs. 13 ounces today!!! :-) The doctor is very pleased with her progress and said that she has gained almost double what would be expected! I'm so happy that she is "porking out" as I tell her!
During the days/nights we are feeding almost exactly at 3 hour intervals......it has been nice for scheduling other things during the day. We generally feed for about 45 minutes and then play for a while before returning to our naps. Our alert periods are getting longer and longer, and we are doing lots of tummy time! Addison is turning her head side to side when placed on her tummy and rolling from her back to her side.....such a big girl! :-)
Mommy and daddy are absolutely in love with our little angel.....and Opa and Jojo (grandparents) are too.
Love my little munchkin!
We are so thankful to our wonderful family and friends for all of the amazing support and love......we are so lucky to have each of you! ``

No comments:

Post a Comment