Saturday, November 13, 2010

Such a big girl!!!












This was a busy week.......
Addison is sleeping so well now....we are so proud of her! She has slept through several full nights and other nights generally only awakens once for feeding! We are so pleased with her progress! The challenge will be transitioning her from her napper chair where she currently sleeps (due to reflux) to her crib....she still hates lying flat and usually gets upset in this position. We are considering elevating the mattress a bit while we take this step!
We had our two month appointment this week...and Addison received her first shots! ouch!! She definitely went hysterical and then had a fever that night...a little fussy and wanting to nurse more often than normal....but by the next morning she was back to her healthy, smiling self! Such a big girl! She is up to 9 pounds 15 ounces as of her appointment on 11/10 (Wednesday). The pediatrician is very pleased with her weight gain, and she is at the 15th percentile for breastfed babies at this age.....up from 1st percentile at birth! :-)
Addison had a fun playdate with her friend Benjamin on Thursday....he is 11 months old. She was so interested in watching him stand and even take a few steps now, and he was intrigued by looking at the baby. We can't wait until they can really interact together!!
As for Noah and I....we are doing well. He is busy with research, but also getting plenty of time to hang out with the family. We have enjoyed many family outings this week including probably the last of our walks while the weather lasts and a dinner out last night. We are looking forward to our 30th birthday party tonight.....we are having people over for chili, a pony keg and football to celebrate...shall be fun!
I was cleared by the surgeon after my appointment yesterday morning..... Things are healing well and I am now back to running...yeah!!! I ran the last two days, and although a little sore afterwards (as he told me to expect), it feels good to be working on getting in shape again! Noah and I are still planning on the 8K turkey trot race in North Carolina on Thanksgiving!
Noah gave me the best gift ever this week...it arrived in the mail yesterday! My combination 30th birthday present and a gift in honor of our new daughter...a beautiful sapphire ring! I absolutely love it!! It means the world to me...and I will think of my wonderful family each time I see it during the day.
We are leaving for NC one week from today....looking forward to it! This week will be busy packing up and figuring out what we need to take with us.... Addie will be flying for the first time next Saturday! I am dreading the return to work in just 2 1/2 weeks.....ugh.....but at the same time I know I'll get through it, and Addie will do great with our new nanny, Annie!
Enjoy the pics from the week (including one of our new November hat from Opa!!!) I am still trying to capture that beautiful smile!!!! :-) I generally enjoy it so much that I don't even think to run for the camera!


No comments:

Post a Comment