Thursday, August 12, 2010

34 weeks!!!

Wow, 34 weeks!!! Although in general the pregnancy has gone very quickly.....I think this is the time when it seems to last forever........definitely more and more uncomfortable and it's impossible to sleep!!! On top of that, so much anticipation of the baby's arrival!! :-) We can't wait to see her!!
I had an OB appointment on Tuesday where the MD decided to check my cervix due to my "low" belly and the fact that I was complaining of some lower abdomen/pelvic pressure.....although I'm not dilated, sure enough the doctor could feel the baby's head pushing right above the cervix. She is definitely low for this early...... My uterus is measuring a little smaller than 34 weeks.....which the doctor thinks is due to her low head position; however, just to be sure they are having me come in for an ultrasound next Wednesday. I am actually excited to get another sneak peak at baby and to be assured that everything looks healthy! They will measure everything on the baby again, just like they did at 18 1/2 weeks....although this time she'll be so large that it will be a little harder to get full glimpses of her!
As for work.....ugh!!! It has definitely become quite the chore to make it through the days..... I'm usually dripping sweat by the time I walk to the bus in the morning, and basically don't stop sweating the entire time I'm at work. Being on my feet all day is truly exhausting...but at the same time, my patients are all so understanding and supportive and seem to work even harder with me than normal since they don't want me bending over to assist. Very cute!! Maybe I should pull this pregnancy card more often! :-)
The nursery is coming together.....just bought a couple more of the things we needed yesterday....and then spent last night putting her monkey sheet on the bed and monkey decals on the wall above to see how the look......I love it! Everytime I walk in that room I'm so excited!
Tomorrow is my last baby shower......my work one. Looking forward to yummy desserts at lunch and sharing this time with my coworkers!
More to come soon..........

No comments:

Post a Comment