Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A healthy ultrasound!!

Just returned from my ultrasound to check on baby's growth given that my fundal height was measuring small last week. Luckily, this is only due to her head being so low down in my pelvis, and other than that she is perfectly healthy!!!
They have her measuring around 5 lbs. 4 ounces, which is right on track..... They checked again to make sure...and indeed it is a little girl.....it was much clearer to see this time!!! :-) That made me feel much more relaxed now that everything we own is pink, flowered and little-girlish!
I got the cutest picture of her little chubby arm with 5 stubby fingers in a fist....I absolutely love it...only wish it was on a disc so that I could share it with everyone!
The other finding was that she actually has a little bit of hair on her head..it shows up white on the screen per the tech, so we'll see. Kind of excited that she might actually have a little hair....that sure would be unlike her mother (I think I was bald for a couple years! :-))
As for me, I'm feeling a little stronger today......starting to eat some other foods besides crackers and bananas...and so far, so good on holding things down. As of now planning to attend my breastfeeding class tonight and work again tomorrow. So glad to get things back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment