Wednesday, August 25, 2010

36 weeks tomorrow!!! :-)



It has been a fun-filled past week.......a wedding Saturday night, swimming at a friend's pool Sunday (so nice!!), dessert with a friend who visited Monday night, and a friend's bday/shower dinner out last night.........trying to make the most of the last few weeks of being able to get out before the little one arrives! Noah and I have a list of things we want to do before her arrival including a Twin game, a nice dinner out, and perhaps a theater night......we'll see what all we can fit in these next couple weeks!
As for baby, she is doing great!!! I went to the OB yesterday and the cervix has now thinned as she remains way down in the pelvis...the OB said this is perfectly normal for this late in the game! I have started having more and more contractions, and have gotten a little more uncomfortable with walking and sleeping; however, overall I feel great!!! I have quite a burst of energy lately and feel relieved that she could pretty much come any day now and we're ready! :-) My OB scheduled my induction date for September 16th (right at 39 weeks) at 8am unless baby decides to come before!! :-) This works great as my OB is on call that day, so will be there with me! I now have weekly appointments, so they'll be checking me to see if this date needs to be moved up at all so that I can get off the lovenox in time. Only time will tell!
As for preparations, I think we are getting there! Noah and I bought the pack and play this weekend that she'll sleep in for the first couple weeks, and that we'll have to travel with after that. We also looked in to getting the car seat installed and plan to do that this weekend! Everything is washed and ready in baby's room! We ordered the window shade this past weekend, so that will be arriving in the next two weeks.......still need to make the final decision on the nursery rug, but plan to do that today. So much to think about and organize, but definitely having fun with the nursery preparations!
This is my last long stretch of work...working 5 days in a row starting tomorrow....but only have 12 days maximum of work left....I took a few extra days off the last couple weeks. Everyone has been super supportive at work and so excited for baby's arrival! My patients are so sweet with their comments about my big belly and baby's upcoming arrival.
I posted some pics from this past weekend at the wedding.....enjoy!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment